It located in a building that was part of the Masso , a former cannery factory . The origins of the museum collector due to the work of the family Massó , culminating with the opening of a museum of the sea, private, in 1932. The museum reopened in July 2002 , presenting a collection of ethnographic and anthropological content with the sea and its activities as the theme of its funds : from objects from the cannery to others linked to ancestral trades as carpentry riverside , salting fish or fishing gear . It also contains a valuable and exceptional quality library collection , which highlights the incunabula section . Rounding out the collection a small series of nautical instruments , models of historical and traditional boats and a number of prints of seascapes .